Giampiero Abate was born in 1970 in Rome. Self-taught artist approaches over the years mainly to the technique of airbrush, becoming one of the most popular artists in Italy. Always engaged in study and research techniques and classical subjects and the use of materials of various types, prefers the female anatomy, looking at it not only sensuality but also the forms and gestures, without falling into vulgarity.
Abate has exhibited in many colelctive and solo exhibitions, publication of catalogs:
- March 31, 2010: “L'Aquila does not move" at the Palace Ferdinando di Savoia in Rome, organized by the Art Gallery Pignatelli and sponsored by the Ministry of the Interior. Publication homologous catalog.
- From 9 December 2010 to 8 January 2011 curator and artist for the collective exhibition of contemporary art "AD MAIORA" Palazzo Ferdinando di Savoia (Rome)
- September 2, 2011: Personal exhibition at the MACRO. Testaccio - the Pelanda - in Rome
occasion of the Uni (us) ty of Italy.
- 17 December 2011 - 30 January 2012: THE ART IS NOT 'WHAT OUR curated by Vittorio Sgarbi - Closing event Biennale of Venice - Italy Pavilion - Sala Nervi's Exhibition Palace of Turin
- Publication in the journal EIKON the March / April 2012
- September 20 / October 18, 2012 "Culture + Freedom = Legality, art against the Mafia", collective exhibition - National Central Library of Rome. sponsored by Mi.Bac. and the Ministry of the Interior