* Dos Mundos/Two Worlds: Exposition Musea Galerie Peón Contreras, Merida, Mexico. 29 -10 till 27-11, 2010.
Support by Mondriaan Foundation, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
In preparation for this exhibition I went to Mexico (October 2009). I kept two conferences, where the plans for the exhibition are presented, including an explanation of my work, the theme of the exhibition, and the techniques I use.
Additionally, I started my research into the Mayan culture, the traditions and their integration at this time. I used, inter alia, through photography, heard the stories and observed the customs and rituals of the contemporary Maya. The end of the Mayan calendar in 2012 today attracts worldwide attention. This creates a confusing picture in which legends of past and present are playing a role. Is the future a new culture, and what shapes and stories may all think? This I have studied and incorporated into my Art.
All models in my art are real Maya people I've photographed in Merida.
(A total of 20 artworks in the sizes between 2.00 m x 2.00 m)
For more information visit:
* 3D Fashion Art Performance for the municipality Vlissingen, The Netherlands (2006)
* 3D Art Route. Open air exhibition in the centre of Vlissingen, The Netherlands (2005)
* 'Poser best or the best Award 2005
* Book "The secrets of Poser Experts", issued by Delmare Learning-Charles River Media (USA). Chapter 2,
* Cover illustration book De Lichtvlinder, published by Facet Belgium (2005)
* Different exhibitions at municipal institutions and galeries, The Netherlands, Cancun/Mexico, Merida/Mexico (1980-2010)
* Sports Fashion Design for ABN-AMRO Bank, The Netherlands (1980)
* Different works in collection of art collectors, International and National.